One day Beijing in a Nutshell City Tour by Motorbike and Sidecar
A 1930's style motorbike & sidecar is a unique way to discover Beijing. See a side of this great city which id often overlooked on a normal off the rack. This mode of transport provides flexibility which is not usually available.(1 passenger only per sidecar.)
Choose the suggested itinerary below or we can tailor-make your own.
- Pick up at the hotel by 9:30 am and returnr to the hotel by 7:00 pm.
- Central Business district and its famous buildings including Reem Koolhaas 's CCTV building
- If the visibility is good, we'll go up one of the a skyscraper to get a bird's eye view of the city.
- We can pay a short visit at the Panjiayuan antique market.
- The animal market (fish, birds and... crickets) with a peek of amateurs practicing Péking Opera.
- Hutongs (traditional small alleys) in the South, authentic Beijing life!
- A very animated street market
- An introduction to the Temple of Heaven from the roof terrace of the Pearl Market.
- Lunch in a Beijing restaurant.
- The silk factory where they show us silk production process from worm to fabric.
- The Fanyuan Si Temple, the oldest Buddhist Temple of Beijing.
- The Niujie Mosque, 1000 years old.
- Qian An Men and the new Beijing Urbanism (old hutongs to be removed and replaced with replicas.)
- The New Beijing Opera, the "eggshell" by French Architect Paul Andreu
- Jinshan park (the Charcoal Hill), so we can see the "Sea of Golden Roofs" on the Forbidden City.
- Wuhao, a Shop & Design Gallery in an historical and beautiful Courtyard Garden (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- NanLuo Guxiang a "renovated hutong" that hosts new boutiques, cafes and restaurant
- Drum and Bell Tower one of the oldest sites in the city.
- The Confucius Temple and Imperial Academy
- Ride along Houhai lakes.
One passenger ride in the sidecar and another is able to travel as a pillion passenger behind the guide/driver. One person only is permitted in the sidecar.